Date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Start Time: 5k Run - 4:00pm, 2 Mile Run - 4:30, 2 Mile Walk - 5:00pm
Location: Lakemont Park, Lights on the Lake
For past results scroll down to the bottom of the page
Start the New Year in a healthy way! Bid farewell to the old year with a walk or run through a dazzling display of holiday lights and animation. All courses run through the lights on the lake at Lakemont Park. This race is based on a loop and the amount of laps will be dependent upon your race. Runners are allowed to do the walk portion of the race for FREE to enjoy the lights if they wish. You do not need to register again just keep your bib tag on for the walk. Race participants will receive a pass for Lights on the Lake as well!
ONLY ALL 8 PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A HOODED SWEATSHIRT FOR THE TWILIGHT RACE REGISTRATION. The first 575 registrants will be guaranteed a long sleeve t-shirt.
Race packet pickup will be available at the Hollidaysburg Area YMCA on Thursday, December 29th from 5am to 10pm and Friday, December 30 from 5am to 9pm. Day of race packet pickup will only be available before the race at Lakemont Park from 2:30-3:45PM. NO PETS ALLOWED!
NO Race Reimbursements. Remember, if you cannot make it to the event, your registration fee is going towards a good cause.
We will have a different color bib for each race. If you need to change your race, please see Registration so they can give you the correct colored bib. YOU CAN NOT SWITCH RACES THE DAY OF THE RACE. If you need to switch races, please call the Hollidaysburg Area YMCA at 695-4467 by December 30th.
5K & 2 Mile Run (Not a true 5k or 2 mile distance):
- RACE START: 4:00pm - 5k Run, 4:30pm - 2 Mile Run
- Start Line is at the Main Entrance of Lakemont Park. 5K Run and 2 Mile Run will start together.
- 5K runners will do 3 LAPS and 2 Mile runners will do 2 LAPS and then return through the gate back to the Finish Line at the Main Entrance of Lakemont Park. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR LAPS
- You must wear your race number to show that you are a race participant. We will have colored bibs to show what race you will be participating in. We will be looking at bib colors to make sure no one jumps in the race!
2 Mile Walk:
- START TIME: 5:00pm
- You must walk as no running is allowed. If you want to run/walk PLEASE sign up for the 5K or 2 mile run
- You must wear your race number to show that you are a race participant.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please exit the park by 6:00PM. Lights on the Lake begin their tours at 6:00PM.
Awards will be given out immediately following the race. We will be awarding medals for the following categories: 5K run top 3 overall finishers, 2M Run & 2M walk overall top finishers. Awards will also be given out to the top three male and female finishers in the following age categories: 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over
Awards winners are asked to remain for the Awards Ceremony as no awards will be mailed.
Lakemont Park, 700 Park Avenue, Altoona, Pa 16601. Parking will be open in the lot Left of Lakemont Park or in the parking garage through Galactic Ice.
Bert J. Altmanshofer DPM & Associates, LTD