SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12 - 11:00AM
WHERE: Legion Park
HOW MUCH? $40/participant (includes shirt, beer & after party)
WHAT IS A BEER MILE?
In the vast world of extreme sports, there exists a sub-culture at its heart best known as "digestive athletics." The most famous, glorified, respected, and celebrated of all the events of this underworld is the Beer Mile.The foundation of any true beer mile is built upon two things: drinking beer and running a mile.
The most common format of the beer mile requires a single participant to drink a full-sized beer, run a quarter mile, then repeat the process three times. This results in the consumption of four beers and the running of four quarter miles (hence the beer mile). The entire process is timed. The total time is often used as a measuring stick of competency.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
Not only does your registration cover the cost of putting this event on, it also goes towards the YMCA’s Annual Campaign Fundraiser. As a 501c(3) non-profit charity, the Y gives out nearly $400,000 a year in financial assistance and community support. Without fundraising this could not be possible. Your contribution helps make our mission a reality.
BEER MILE RULES
• Must be 21+ to participate
• You will drink 4 beers total. The format is easy: Drink a beer, run a quarter mile. Repeat 4x
• Must consume your beer in a 10 meter zone before continuing on to your next 1/4 mile run
• All beer will be provided. You MAY NOT provide your own
• There will be 3 beer options on event day: Budweiser, Michelob & Shock Top
• Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume to qualify as an official beer mile
• Official times will be provided
• Inability to keep beer down while running will result in a penalty
• You must designate a driver if you are participating in this event
• All registrations and payment must be submitted by November 9, 2016 at 10:00pm
• Limited to 150 participants
• No day of registrations will be accepted